2018 was without a doubt a memorable year but like all years before it, it is in the past. A lot of unforgettable events and a few we would like to forget but such is life. Let’s take a peek into what 2019 has in store for us. We are sure that will see the world transform in different ways which include disruptions throughout our culture, technology, science, health and business sectors. It’s your future, discover what you’re in for.
One of the highlights of 2018 was the Avengers: Infinity War. Fans are still getting over Thanos wiping out half of all living creatures in the Universe. So much so that April cannot come soon enough to wind up Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic universe. Many sources even claim that Avengers: End Game might even surpass Avatar as the highest grossing movie of all time and with billions worldwide waiting for its release, it is not just a random prediction. Even it does not surpass it, it will definitely be the end leading to another beginning.
Disney has another major trio on the cards for 2019, with the releases of the star-studded, live-action versions of Dumbo (March), Aladdin (May), and The Lion King (July). The latter half of the year will see Greta Gerwig’s adaptation of Little Women, starring Emma Watson and Saoirse Ronan, arrive in cinemas, and – if that wasn’t enough period drama to keep us going – the Down ton Abbey film is slated for release in December.
Even with Disney leading the charts, there are thousands of movies released every year by Hollywood. Some of these highly anticipated movies include Pokémon Detective Pikachu, It: Chapter Two, Joker, The Addams Family, frozen 2 and star wars: episode ix just to name a few.
When it comes to television, its mostly about returns of great shows. Without a doubt, Game of Thrones is the most anticipated returning show with its eighth and final season to be released in April on HBO. On Netflix, fans are eagerly waiting for the long-awaited return of the third season of Stranger Things and The Crown. On the CW, the Arrow verse is what the talk is about, specifically their annual crossovers. This year we did not see the Legends in the mix but we did get to see Bat Woman and Gotham City introduced into the Universe. The DCEU might not be keeping up with the MCU, but CW has made sure that on television, DC rules.
It is a big year in sports even with the FIFA World Cup done and dusted in 2018. There is still so much to look forward to.
Super Bowl LIII, the 53rd Super Bowl and the 49th modern-era National Football League championship game, will decide the league champion for the 2018 NFL season. The game is scheduled to be played on February 3, 2019, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.
Another major sporting event is the ICC Cricket World Cup which is to be held in May, 2019 featuring 10 of the top Cricket playing nations. It may not be the biggest or most popular sport in the world but it will still be watched by billions of viewers worldwide.
The Champions League is one of the most awaited annual football events worldwide with the top teams from Europe battling out for supremacy. The final will be held in Madrid, home of the defending champions Real Madrid with three consecutive titles in three seasons. They would surely be looking to add another especially at home but with departures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Zine dine Zidane, they are not doing too well so we might be crowing new champions this year. Liverpool, Barcelona and Juventus are favorites as they should be but Manchester City, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Paris St are in the mix at least till February.
Technology is always on the rise with millions of innovations around the globe. Since, this is the area where there are too many to list, we will give to you the top developments in Science and technology in 2019.
- 5G compatible laptops are set to arrive this year thanks to Intel/HP/Lenovo/Dell partnership.
- GM’s self-driving cars become available for ride-sharing services, potentially competing with Uber.
- Harley-Davidson look to release its electric motorcycle, Project LiveWire.
- SpaceX gigabit internet satellites launch early in 2019, offering a new, global internet service by the end of the year.
- PlayStation 5 will be released late in the year.
- The Benban Solar Park, the world’s largest solar park will finish construction in Egypt by late 2019.
- The world’s largest offshore wind farm starts is completed.
- Movie release schedule for 2019: Click link 1
- NASA completes the Unmanned Aerial System Traffic Management (UTM) to manaage drone traffic in our skies. 1
- Tesla produces over 500,000 cars for the first time.
- James Webb Space Telescope is launched into orbit to discover liquid water on other planets
- Skylon (spacecraft) goes into operation
- Global Internet traffic expected to grow to 158 exabytes